Policies and Certifications
Policies and Certifications
Environmental, Health and Safety Policy
This document refers to Advaxia Biologics S.r.l. – site of Via Pontina km. 30.600 – 00071 Pomezia.
It concerns to Organization to ensure the respect of health, safety and environment, while performing R&D activities which aim to improve life conditions of people thanks to the discovery of new or improved pharmaceutical solutions.
The company will strive to implement the principles and strategies stated below and thereby contribute to the preservation of the environment and protection of the health of its employees, contractors, and the communities where the Organization operates.
The Organization acknowledges its responsibilities towards environmental protection and conservation as well as to the occupational health and safety of all its employees.
The management of Organization supports health, safety and environment activities and provides adequate resources for their development. HSE improvement requires full commitment by all management personnel and is a priority for every employee at Organization and subsidiaries.
Organization is committed to achieve the following objectives:
- comply with all Italian legal requirements, laws, regulations and standards applicable to workers’ health and safety and environment;
- continuously improve policy, programs and behavior regarding environmental, health and safety prevention and protection, taking into account technical progress, scientific knowledge, the needs of employees and the Community expectations;
- assess the impact of its activities, products and processes and adopt specific prevention and emergency procedures in the environmental and safety fields;
- promote activities aimed to encourage energy efficiency, water and all natural resources saving, for the reduction of our environmental impact;
- minimize disposal of all waste products by reducing material consumption and maximizing reuse and recycle, and ensure that waste are handled and disposed of in accordance with the current legislation, eco-friendly principles and good business practices;
- provide necessary and adequate resources in order to achieve the HSE objectives and make further improvements, when required, to protect the interests of the company and of its employees, community and environment;
- ensure that contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and customers are aware of our initiatives and encourage the adoption of this policy by of all the companies working on the site, considering the application of environmental and safety aspects as main criteria for suppliers evaluation;
- provide appropriate training to all of our employees, in order to increase people’s awareness and sense of responsibility and engagement with regard to prevention and protection of the environment, health and safety;
- conduct regular audits to ensure that all HSE activities are carried out in accordance with this policy;
- promote an effective, lean and transparent communication, to ensure the spreading and easy understanding of all the information useful for prevention purpose and for the cooperation at all company levels;
- implement this policy, distribute it to internal and external personnel, make it available to the public and to all interested parties and periodically review it through an Environmental, Health and Safety Management System, in compliance with the requirements of UNI EN ISO 14001:2015 and UNI ISO 45001:2018.
Date: 24 October 2023